Tuesday, February 17, 2009

More to Think About

Education is getting 100 billiion in the US stimulus package. Where should the money go?

Studies show that teachers are important. Nicholas Kristoff, in a New York Times essay on February 16, wrote "First, good teachers matter more than anything; they are astonishingly important. It turns out that having a great teacher is far more important than being in a small class, or going to a good school with a mediocre teacher."
Care to comment?

1 comment:

  1. I definetely gotta agree with this point of view. It's all about the quality of relationships that we have. A teacher is part of our character's construction. Even though we're not kids or teenagers anymore, I still feel that a teacher can influence my choices and thoughts. That's why I expect to be lucky enough to find good masters along the way. Thank you, Pat!

    ReplyDelete