Sunday, March 1, 2009

Snippets of Free Writing

Snippets of Free Writing 2/17

When I came up to the building this evening, containers in different shapes and colors filled up the table at the center of the hall, beautifully decorated [so] that you could hardly overlook them. I told myself that I will sneak out during our intermission and maybe I will get to try some. M. . . was so excited when I shared my desire with my classmates. He jumped up and went to check the situation. Everyone else stayed and eagerly waited for the signal to join him.

. . . I wore my pajamas, a delicious women’s wear I received from my SOGRA and put myself into that soft and warm COBERTOR. Because my pillow is very big in height, I had to pull it from my husband’s head . . .

I love to live in a warm place. Last week we went to Miami to visit family. It was like being in Venezuela . . . I had the opportunity to eat cachitos, which is my favorite breakfast. I also [ate] fresh cheese – it was amazing. The thing I cared most from these days in Miami was being with my mom and sister. My sister came as a surprise. . . .

At this point we are somewhat stuck. . . . The reason for the situation is understandable: we are now job seekers. . . . M has a very well-defined career path. It means that here, in the US, she has more chances to obtain a good position despite the current situation. In fact, she is waiting for an answer from a very good company . . . This long wait has been exasperating, but we have realized that their problem is not about M . . . It seems the problem occurred because someone in Human Resources put off the applications. Meanwhile, as long I am more open to my position, I’ll wait until she gets a definitive job offer to start actively job seeking.

No comments:

Post a Comment